Treatment methods of water plumbing system
There are slight differences in the process of treatment of plumbing system that are used at different locations. The selection of treatment process is based on the type and quality o water that is to be treated and the technology of water plant. However, the basic priciple and methods used in the different treatment processes are same. Below we have discussed the different treatment processses that are used.
Читать дальше →
- Flocculation/Coagulation: Coagulation is the process of the addition of liquid alum or aluminum sulfate and/or plumber to the untreated or raw water. After the addition of alum, the resultant mixture causes the dirt and solid particles in water to get coagulate or stick together. Then they formed groups of dirt that start sticking together which eventually forms the large particles known as flocs and then these flocs can be easily removed by the process of settling or filtration. Drain sewer cleaning and denver septic tank services are another important parts of flocculation.
- Sedimentation: When the flocs and water are treated with the treatment process, they are passed through the sedimentation basin. In here, the water starts flowing slowly, which eventually makes the heavy particles of flocs get settled down and bottom. Floc that gets settled down and collected at the bottom is known as sludge. Then the collected sludge is carried on to drying lagoons. Direct filtration does not include the process of sedimentation and the floc gets removed by the filtration process.
- Filtration: In this process, the water is made to pass through a filter which separated the large solid particles from the water. The filters used for this purpose are made from sand and gravel and in some cases even crushed anthracite too. Restaurants uses restaurant grease traps for the process of filtration at small scale.
- Disinfection: Before the water passes through the distribution system, the water is disinfected using chlorine to remove the disease-causing parasites, bacteria, and viruses.
- Sludge drying: The sludge that is removed from water via filtration and sedimentation process and then transferred to drying lagoons.
- Fluoridation: Fluoridation is to adjust the concentration of free ions of fluoride present in the water supplies of communities and societies to a sufficient level to prevent dental cavities.
- pH correction: Lime is added with filtered water to adjust the pH level. It also stabilizes that soft-treated water to prevent the corrosion in the water distribution system.
Читать дальше →